Breaking

Tuesday 27 December 2016

How Kiss Daniel Escaped Death On Christmas Day In Calabar




It happened the “Mama” singer was performing
live on stage at the Christmas Village in Calabar
on Christmas Day when the armed robbers
stormed the market’s vendors and their
customers, shooting sporadically into the air.

According to Guardian, a shop owner, who sold
food at the village, Glory Akpan, revealed: “I was
wounded. Some boys came into the village and
tried to rob that guy, who sings “Oya talk to me o
Mama” (Kiss Daniel), while he was performing.

They threw bottles and other dangerous objects at
him. They later brought out guns and began to
shoot sporadically.

The robbers attacked him and removed his
clothes. They would have killed him. I don’t know
how he survived that night.

“There were thousands of people in the Christmas
Village and the situation caused pandemonium.

They broke everything in my shop. They carried
all my money and robbed many shops. Our chairs
were broken. Everybody ran helter-skelter.

“Cars were smashed. They broke some cars to
steal from them. At a point, the lights went off and
I thought I was going to die. There were missing
children and parents and kids ran in different
directions.”

She continued: “After the incident, we were too
afraid to go back to our shops and we had to sleep
at a tent located inside the council. Someone
collected N500 from each person to spend the
night there. We slept on bare floor.

“Someone even stole my pot of melon soup, which
was on fire. This is the first time such a thing
would happen since the beginning of the
Christmas festival. I am not sure I will come next
year.

No comments:

Post a Comment