Breaking

Sunday 30 April 2017

Domestic Violence; Woman Shares Daily Selfies Of Her Battered Face During Recovery To Inspire Others

A woman took a selfie of her battered faced every day to help her get over a horrific attack by her ex. Caroline Way has now bravely shared the series of snaps online in the hope that they can inspire other victims of domestic abuse .



The businesswoman, 41, was attacked by Deke Orriss, 39, following a row. He throttled her until she almost passed out.



Loading...




His blows left her with a broken jaw, a cracked eye socket, two black eyes and blurred vision – and she ended up needing much of her face rebuilt.

Orriss had even grabbed a big kitchen knife and threatened to rape her before saying: “We are going upstairs to die now.”

As Caroline dealt with her physical wounds, she found a novel way to tackle the mental ones.

She said: “I became a selfie queen. I used to take a picture of my face every day just to see it changing and how I was getting better. I found it so therapeutic. “This was a way of telling myself that because I could see my physical scars retreating, I knew my mental ones would too. 

“Then I realised I could help other women by showing them what I had overcome so I posted the ­pictures on Facebook. The ­response was overwhelming.”

Caroline eventually ended the relationship but let him stay in their home while he looked for somewhere else. She started seeing other men, which raised the tension with her jealous ex.

At Taunton crown court Orriss got 18 months, suspended for two years, after admitting GBH.

No comments:

Post a Comment